Master of Science
Master of Science (Plan A)
The MS student focuses on core knowledge, best practices, current theories, and research. This program is unique from our other programs because the student learns to conduct original research. These students often go into either academic careers or jobs that require research skills. This degree sets the student up for leadership because they use these research skills to support their ideas with data. The MS student will graduate with research experience and produce a final research thesis.
The Master of Science degree is available on campus at Utah State University or online (except for the on-campus orientation).
- Completed within six years of matriculation.
- Complete 3-day required in-person orientation course in August on the Logan campus.
- 37 credits of coursework.
- All Master of Science students complete a thesis.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Acceptance to the ITLS program and work with your temporary advisor: Sheri Haderlie.
- Attend the face to face orientation in Logan, UT.
- Register online for courses each semester through my.usu.edu.
- Choose your committee chair (advising professor) and your thesis focus by the end of your second semester.
- Complete your three-member supervisory committee for your thesis.
- Complete the program when you complete the coursework and your thesis. The thesis is completed in three parts when you write and defend a proposal, conduct the research then write and defend the thesis.