Master of Education
Master of Education
The MEd is designed for classroom teachers, educators, and administrators who want to increase their understanding of the role of technology and its appropriate implementation in the teaching and learning process. Students typically continue in careers in education but see new doors open to them, many at the district or state level.
The MEd program helps students evaluate, integrate, and design lessons and experiences for their learners using various forms of technology and multimedia. Students who are interested in a school library career path may choose the school library media administration (SLMA) emphasis, which carries a State of Utah endorsement. The MEd does not qualify the student for a Utah teaching license, and most students in the program already have their teaching licensure complete. MEd students complete a creative project, internship.
The Master of Education degree is available on campus at Utah State University in Logan- UT, or online (except for the on-campus orientation).
MEd with an emphasis in School Library Media Administration (SLMA)
Our School Library Media Administration (SLMA) program is designed for those interested in working in a school library media center, public or private. The program includes all the coursework and practicum experience necessary for the Utah State Office of Education (USOE) library media K-12 endorsement. Those seeking the state endorsement must currently have, or be working toward, a valid Utah teaching license. Students may choose to take these courses and not apply for state endorsement. SLMA courses are completed via web broadcast. All SLMA student complete a practicum instead of a creative project or internship.
- Completed within six years of matriculation.
- Complete 3-day required in-person orientation course in August on the Logan campus.
- 37 credits minimum.
- Complete a culminating experience: A creative project, practicum, or internship.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Acceptance to the program.
- Attend the face to face orientation in Logan, UT.
- Work with your advisor, Sheri Haderlie, on your program of study.
- Register online for courses each semester through my.usu.edu.
- Complete all required coursework.
- Throughout the program, build a professional portfolio of your projects and other deliverables.
- Complete a culminating experience, either an Internship, Creative Project, or Practicum for SLMA students.