Master of Arts
Master of Arts
MA students focus on human experience design skills relevant to corporate and business settings. Students will learn about instructional development, data analysis, project management, and understanding research that they can apply to their work as designers.
These students often go into careers in instructional design and development in business, industry, and government. Positions range from highly design-oriented jobs requiring extensive instructional development skills to product development-oriented jobs requiring skills in data analysis, project management, and evaluation. Graduates can also use these skills in preparing training materials for face-to-face and online corporate settings. MA students often transition quickly into leadership positions and complete a creative project or internship.
The Master of Arts degree is available on campus at Utah State University in Logan- UT, or online (except for the on-campus orientation).
- Completed within six years of matriculation.
- Complete 3-day required in-person orientation course in August on the Logan campus.
- 37 credits of coursework.
- Complete a culminating experience: A creative project or internship.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Acceptance to the program.
- Attend the face to face orientation in Logan, UT.
- Work with your advisor, Kristy Bloxham, on your program of study.
- Register online for courses each semester through my.usu.edu.
- Complete all required coursework.
- Throughout the program, build a professional portfolio of your projects and other deliverables.
- Complete a culminating experience, either an Internship or Creative Project.