Graduate Student Travel Policy
Photo courtesy: Katarina Pantic
Availability of travel funds for ITLS graduate students, FY2016-2017
Date of Policy: July 14, 2016
We are pleased to announce the availability of travel funds to support ITLS graduate student travel to conferences. A student may receive up to $900 (between July 2016-June 2017). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling monthly basis, with a maximum total allotment of $6,000 for fall semester, and the remainder allocated in spring and summer semesters (up to $12,000 total).
Students are encouraged to pay close attention to RGS match opportunities and rules to maximize their sources of travel support. For the most up to date information refer to the RGS website
To be eligible, the student must be presenting at a professional conference in order to receive travel funding.
A travel award may cover costs in any of the following categories, up to $900:
- Conference registration (receipt required)
- Airfare (actual costs as supported by detailed receipts)
- Hotel (actual costs as supported by detailed receipts; no incidentals)
- Per Diem
- Departmental funds cannot be used for late registration, except with department head approval
The application and Travel Authorization (below) must be submitted at least one month before the travel date. Students who do not meet this deadline will not be approved for travel funds.
To apply, please send the following information to the Annalee (email@example.com):
- Student Name, A#
- Conference information: conference title, location, dates, and webpage
- Presentation information (author, title)
- Source of extra funds, if any (RGS Travel Award or grant funds)
- Proof of conference acceptance
If awarded, the student will work with Annalee to complete Travel Authorization form and submit it to the Travel Office.
Students must provide a copy of all receipts to Annalee within two weeks after they return in order to receive the award and reimbursement.