Cost and Funding
Photo courtesy: Ryan Cain
The cost of tuition and fees varies from year to year. The following links will help you determine the costs associated with a degree at Utah State University:
- Tuition & Fee Schedule for 2016-2017 (pdf) - The tuition schedule for students, including information related to undergraduate and regional campus students, who are attending Utah State University.
- Online students do not use the tuition & fee table [linked above]. The current tuition only rate for all ITLS online courses is $434 per credit.
- Registrar's Office - The Registrar's office contains links to the tuition and fee schedules for previous years.
Financial Aid Information
The following links provide information about grants, loans, scholarships, fellowships, assistantships, and campus jobs:
- Financial Aid Office - Shows frequently asked questions about financial aid as well as information about applying for various financial aid sources.
- Graduate Studies Finance Information - Targeted towards graduate students, this site has information about insurance, assistantships, fellowships, tuition awards, travel support and other financial assistance.
The ITLS department has graduate research assistantships, teaching assistantships and starting Fall 2017 offers 4 years of gauranteed funding to standout applicants through our doctoral scholars program. All three forms of funding are awarded after admissions decisions are made.
Many grants already have budgedet in tution for their research assistants. Coverage for non-resident (international and out of state students) and coverage for in-state and differential (all students) is available based on assistantship status, degree program, and merit. Note that fees are always the responsibility of the student, amounts can be found above in the tuition and fee schedule.
|Tuition Waiver qualifications||PhD||EdS||MEd||MLTID||MS-A|
|Research non-resident with assistantship
|University non-resident for excellence (criteria effective Fall 2017)
|College in-state and differential
Wesley & Lucille Soulier Scholarship
The Wesley D. and Lucille S. Soulier Scholarship is awarded to a graduate student studying in the Instructional Technology & Learning Sciences Department. The recipients must be married students and must demonstrate financial need. Funding varies based on availability.
Byron R. & Shirley Burnham Scholarship
Recipients should demonstrate financial need and personal integrity. This scholarship may be awarded to graduate students who are full-time students who have been accepted into the ITLS program. They should demonstrate academic potential as evidenced by having attained a minimum cumulative gpa of 3.50. Funding varies based on availability.
Travel Funds for ITLS Graduate Students FY 2016-2017
The ITLS department is pleased to announce the availability of travel funds to support ITLS graduate student travel to conferences. A student may receive up to $900 (in Fall or Spring semester) for 1 trip. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling monthly basis, with a maximum total allotment of $6,000 for fall semester, and the remainder allocated in spring and summer semesters (up to $12,000 total). To be eligible, the student must be presenting at a professional conference in order to receive travel funding.
A travel award may cover costs in any of the following categories, up to $900:
- Conference registration (receipt required)
- Airfare (actual costs as supported by detailed receipts)
- Hotel (actual costs as supported by detailed receipts; no incidentals)
- Per diem
The application must be submitted 2 weeks before the travel date. Students who do not meet this deadline will not be approved for travel funds.
To apply, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Student Name, A#
- Conference information: conference title, location, dates, and webpage
- Presentation information (authors and title)
- Source of extra funds, if any
- Proof of conference acceptance
If awarded, you must work with Annalee Hall to complete at Travel Authorization form. Students must provide a copy of all receipts within two weeks after they return in order to receive the award.
Grant and Scholarship Information
These pages contain information about some of the most common scholarship and grant opportunities at USU: