Cost and Funding
The cost of tuition and fees varies from year to year. The following links will help you determine the costs associated with a degree at Utah State University:
- Tuition & Fee Schedule for 2017-2018 (pdf) - The tuition schedule for students, including information related to undergraduate and regional campus students, who are attending Utah State University.
- Online students - Students taking classes online do not use the tuition & fee table [linked above]. The current tuition only rate for all ITLS online courses is found here.
- Registrar's Office - The Registrar's office contains links to the tuition and fee schedules for previous years.
Financial Aid Information
The following links provide information about grants, loans, scholarships, fellowships, assistantships, and campus jobs:
- Financial Aid Office - Shows frequently asked questions about financial aid as well as information about applying for various financial aid sources.
- Graduate Studies Finance Information - Targeted towards graduate students, this site has information about insurance, assistantships, fellowships, tuition awards, travel support and other financial assistance.
The ITLS department has graduate research assistantships, teaching assistantships and starting Fall 2017 offers 4 years of gauranteed funding to standout applicants through our doctoral scholars program. All three forms of funding are awarded after admissions decisions are made.
Many grants already have budgedet in tution for their research assistants. Coverage for non-resident (international and out of state students) and coverage for in-state and differential (all students) is available based on assistantship status, degree program, and merit. Note that fees are always the responsibility of the student, amounts can be found above in the tuition and fee schedule.
|Tuition Waiver qualifications||PhD||EdS||MEd||MA||MS-A|
|Research non-resident with assistantship
|University non-resident for excellence (criteria effective Fall 2017)
|College in-state and differential
Wesley & Lucille Soulier Scholarship
The Wesley D. and Lucille S. Soulier Scholarship is awarded to a graduate student studying in the Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences Department. The recipients must be married students and must demonstrate financial need. Funding varies based on availability.
Byron R. & Shirley Burnham Scholarship
Recipients should demonstrate financial need and personal integrity. This scholarship may be awarded to graduate students who are full-time students who have been accepted into the ITLS program. They should demonstrate academic potential as evidenced by having attained a minimum cumulative gpa of 3.50. Funding varies based on availability.
Travel Funds for ITLS Graduate Students FY 2017-2018
We are pleased to announce the availability of travel funds to support ITLS graduate student travel to conferences. A student may receive up to $900 (between July 2017-June 2018). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling monthly basis, with a maximum total allotment of $6,000 for fall semester, and the remainder allocated in spring and summer semesters (up to $12,000 total).
Students are encouraged to pay close attention to RGS match opportunities and rules to maximize their sources of travel support. For the most up to date information refer to the RGS website
To be eligible, the student must be presenting at a professional conference.
Application and Travel Authorization (see below) must be submitted at least one month before the travel date. Students who do not meet this deadline will not be approved for travel funds.
To apply, please send the following information to Annalee (Annalee.Hall@usu.edu):
- Student Name, A#
- Conference information: conference title, location, dates, and webpage
- Presentation information (author, title)
- Source of extra funds, if any (RGS Travel Award or grant funds)
- Proof of conference acceptance
Departmental funds cannot be used for late registration, except with department head approval. Travel cannot be used to cover avoidable added expenses (such as fllight mistakes) but can be used to pay for costs outside the traveler's control (flight for a canceled meeting).
Coordinate any or cash advances with Annalee a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of travel.
If awarded, the student will submit the completed Student ITLS Travel form to Jennifer Lyons. Students must provide a copy of all, itemized reciepts to Annalee within two weeks after they return in order to receive the award and reimbursement. Submit your receipts along with the Student ITLS Travel form.
Grant and Scholarship Information
These pages contain information about some of the most common scholarship and grant opportunities at USU: