Photo courtesy: Katarina Pantic
The following are excerpts from job ads send by employers to recruit ITLS graduates.
Note the wide and exciting variety of sectors wanting to hire ITLS students – industry, government, higher education, and non-profits – as well as the wide variety of skills requested.
- Instructional Designer Position Open in TLOS at Virginia Tech- Networked Learning Design and Strategies (NLDS), the instructional design and course development unit of Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) is seeking an instructional designer to join the team dedicated to advancing innovation and quality in technology-enhanced courses for online, hybrid, flipped, traditional classroom and multi-modal course delivery. This position will work with other instructional designers, graphics and media developer, and instructional support specialists to guide and assist faculty in the design and development of courses and programs. Through individual consultation and semester-long, cohort-based course design and development projects, the instructional designer will meet regularly with faculty, seek out and recommend resources, provide reference for additional services, and coordinate the support of assigned faculty subject matter experts as they work to incorporate technology as well as effective pedagogy and practice in the courses that contribute to Virginia Tech’s reputation for excellence in education. Commensurate with Experience.
- Director of Instructional Design at The Manchester University College of Pharmacy. This individual will have the exciting opportunity to join a growing school of pharmacy and play a leadership role in the development of the organization. The Director will be responsible for leading the design, development, implementation, and assessment of instructional strategies and methods by working collaboratively with faculty and administrators. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Cardno Government Services – Training Solutions - seeking an experienced Instructional Designer to support the analysis, design, development, and implementation of a wide range of instructional materials and services, including; eLearning, instructor led training, print and online media, job aids, training program documentation, needs analysis and program implementation , and technical writing tasks. This Instructional Designer (ID) position will be responsible for applying professional instructional design processes and methods while working with clients, subject matter experts, and our internal project team. This position requires someone who is able and willing to research and collaborate on instructional design approaches to achieve successful outcomes for our clients.
- At the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, we are looking for a Spring 2014 intern here at the New York City office for a large scale ethnography on children, digital media, and families. The intern must be able to be in the NYC, New Jersey, or Philadelphia area.
- BYU-Idaho is hiring an Online Training Coordinator whose primary focus will be the design and development of training modules, events, and resources for BYU-Idaho online instructors. We are looking for someone with a passion for developing effective online training experiences who has expertise in professional development.
- Lumen Learning – Looking for Instructional Designer. The Instructional Designer (ID) will design, sequence, and thoughtfully assemble open educational resources (OER) for higher education. The ID will build digital textbooks, rich and adaptive online learning experiences, formative and summative assessments, learning games, and other instructional materials. They will partner with faculty and subject matter experts to create relevant, meaningful, and effective learning experiences for students with variable strengths. They will be heavily involved in continuous quality improvement of new and existing courses, particularly as it relates to elevating student performance and inclusive design.
- Western Governors University Instructional design In conjunction with other stakeholders, the instructional designer manages the course development process and evaluates curricular materials (e.g. courses, technologies, modules) based on a course selection rubric, providing expertise on the instructional effectiveness of learning resources. He or she works closely with internal and external stakeholders, researching and incorporating current industry trends, proven instructional strategies, and quality measures into the curriculum of each degree program. In addition, the instructional designer works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop course competencies and objectives. The instructional designer is responsible for the success of a number of projects simultaneously, assessing risk, reporting progress, and communicating effectively with stakeholders in an effort to promote collaboration and accountability.
- The Instructional Design and Media Services department at Salt Lake Community College has an Instructional Technologist 3 position. The Instructional Technologist 3 provides first level support in the teaching, maintenance and improvement of courses in technology-enabled learning environments. This position also serves a mentoring role to Instructional Technologists 1 and 2.
- Instructional Designer at California Lutheran University. Instructional Designer provides instructional and program design expertise for the development and support of online courses and specialized educational programs. Assists faculty in the design of online coursework/programs and instructional practices, development of learning resources and re-visioning of courses and course segments to electronic delivery methods. Supports the customized development of online courses unique to the needs of the instructor and students, particularly in the development and conversion of courses to create distance, hybrid, or face-to-face courses; or transform conventional courses to distance or hybrid modes of instruction.
- The Center for Technology-Enhanced Learning at the University of Southern Maine - The learning designer will be an integral part of the USM’s CTEL team. They will apply knowledge of learning science and instructional design models to assist faculty in designing courses for online and blended delivery. They will collaborate with a team of learning designers, learning support specialists, multimedia specialists, learning technologists, and interface designers to design and develop high-quality learning experiences for University of Southern Maine students. The learning designers will also design and deliver faculty workshops, and oversee the work of student assistants, interns, and part-time personnel.
- Instructional Designer II positions with Top Search Engine Company. Design and develop content for interactive learning modules geared towards sales training. Market Competitive Pay Rate
- Learning and Development Openings at PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP). IDT (Instructional Design and Technology) position. The IDT role is a more specialist one. IDT consultants work across stakeholder teams to cross-pollinate innovation and best practices. They typically engage on our bigger, more complex, or generally "tougher" design problems, though once they form part of a project team they often stay engaged throughout its execution. They don't "own" portfolios of programs: they work on a project-by-project basis. There's also an R&D component to their jobs.
- Instructional Designer at Ardusat. Someone who loves improving how instructors and students experience STEM learning and space. This role requires a developing professional who works on instructional design assignments of moderate scope with general supervision on routine work, and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Instructional design Interns at CIDI (Center for Innovative Design and Instruction) at Utah State University. Assist with online course development and instructional development for other course delivery formats. Interns will work under the mentorship of full-time instructional designers and will work directly with faculty to help them prepare instructional materials for online delivery, learn the systems they will be using, and ensure that courses meet USU’s quality standards. Duties may include Canvas development, multimedia development, web development, graphic design, and more.
- Instructional Programs Manager at NovoEd - Instructional Programs Team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of courses and programs, including their design, management, and operations. We need exceptional educators with technology experience to join our team to run online programs, work directly with instructors and partners to design curricula, and to support students. This role in particular will focus on a variety of clients, including corporations. For this role, we require experience working with or in corporations, ideally in their learning or HR group.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Hybrid & Digital Pedagogy at Bucknell University- As a member of the professional staff of Instructional Technology (ITEC) at Bucknell, this fellow will collaborate with faculty and administrators to explore possibilities for hybrid-learning at our residential liberal arts university. Drawing on the recommendations of Bucknell's recent presidential task force report on Integrating Open Education Resources and Residential Learning, the fellow will help Bucknell outline a strategy for how to incorporate digital and hybrid pedagogical practices that enhance student engagement and learning while maintaining the benefits of the residential liberal arts experience.
- Ed Tech job at Winthrop University in South Carolina – Tenure-track assistant professor to teach undergraduate instructional technology courses required by all education majors as well as courses within the elementary/early childhood degree programs. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- eCourse Content Developer at My Legacy My Story company. The content developer will act as the subject matter expert in the field of personal and family history writing and will work closely with the instructional designer/website designer to create eLearning modules for our online subscribers. $10-$15/hour based on qualifications and experience
- Internship with venture-backed technology company Clearpath Inc. Assist over the summer with a project to develop multimedia resources about various U.S. immigration topics and tutorials demonstrating how to sue our online immigration software. Handle both the design and development of these tutorials.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Learning Analytics at The Concord Consortium. Works on the frontier of learning analytics and data mining to support research on scientific inquiry and engineering design, and help define a key strategic direction for a cutting‐edge educational technology organization.